3 Best Cat Carrier For Maine Coon
Are you a proud owner of a Maine Coon? Then among many other things, you are probably wondering about what carrier will be suitable for her. Fortunately for you, in this article, I am going to talk about 3 cat carriers that’ll be perfect for a Maine Coon.
So without further ado, let’s get to it!
Why Maine Coons need special attention?
Maine Coon is a special breed of cats that can get very large and powerful. They are originally from America. Maine Coons is one of the most popular long-haired cat breeds.
As Main Coons can get very large, traditional cat carriers won’t work for them. In most cases, you may need to get a dog carrier for carrying them.
But not all dog carriers will be suitable for a Maine Coon. So, I did the research and came up with 3 carriers that will be suitable for carrying a Maine Coon.
Here they are:
1. Petego Pet Tube
Though this is mainly for dogs, this carrier will be perfect for a Maine Coon. This carrier provides a stylish solution for traveling comfortably with large cats and dogs. Though the size is large, it is very lightweight.
Moreover, the carrier is made of super-strong fabric, so there is no chance of your cat breaking out of the carrier.
Though the carrier comes in 2 sizes, I’ll recommend getting the large one. Don’t worry about the size. The Petego uses a special design in their pet tube. It can be used at a 1/3rd or 2/3rd of its total length. So, you don’t need to worry if the carrier will fit in your carrier or not.
- The carrier is made of super-strong fabric which is also claw-proof. This ensures no matter how large your cat is, it can’t get out of the carrier on her own.
- The adjustable length feature is what makes this carrier special and unique. You can just use the length you need which saves a lot of space inside the carrier.
- Can carry 3 average sized cats. So I am pretty sure it will be spacious enough for a Maine Coon. Moreover, I think you’ll also be able to put a litter box along with a blanket.
- Can bear up to 90 to 100 pounds of weight easily.
- The dimension is 47 x 24 x 24 inches
- It weighs about 8 pounds
The only thing I don’t like about the pet tube is this is not crash-proof. Otherwise, I think this is perfectly suitable for a Maine Coon. Though the price can be a bit higher, you get what you pay for.
2. SturdiBag Pet Carrier
SturdiBag is not only suitable for large carriers, it is also approved by most of the major Airlines in the USA. The carrier is made with a Flex Height Design. This is the best airline approved carrier for Maine Coon.
The dimensions are 17.7 x 11.8 x 11.8 inches. It weighs about 1.18 pounds.
The carrier comes with a comfort pad that is completely washable as well as dryable. You can even wash the carrier with a damp cloth if it gets dirtied.
- Very lightweight
- Durable construction
- Made with flex height design
- Mesh windows ensure superior ventilation
- There are also retractable flaps for ensuring privacy
- Padded shoulder strap ensures the comfort of the owner
- The hand grip is made of leather and very durable
- Two access system available: top and front entry
- Comes with zipper clips as well as a tether for safety
- Thanks to the baseboard, there won’t be any sagging
- The comfort pad is washable
- Two large side pockets for carrying your Maine coon’s important items.
- Can be converted into two compartments
- There is a center divider (zippered)
The carrier is not that good for long distance travel. Other than that, I don’t see any problem why you won’t want to give this one a try. Click below to check the latest price now:
3. Pet Life 360 Vista View Pet Crate
This is the last carrier I’ll talk about in this article. This one also checks out all the criteria that are needed for carrying a Maine Coon. The carrier is made of a metal frame which makes it extremely stable. You can snap close the carrier and buckle in one spot.
The carrier can be folded and easily carrier around. Thanks to the side handle, carrying it is extremely easy.
Pet Life’s vista view is made with the Thinsulate Thermal technology which is known for heat retention.
- Extremely stable due to the full metal frame construction
- It can be mechanically closed with snapping.
- Can be buckled in a spot for higher portability.
- Extremely lightweight
- The fold can be flatted up to 1 inch
- There is a side handle for easily carrying it around.
- Available in 6 different sizes: Medium, X-large, X-LARGE, X-Small, SM, XL.
- The dimensions of the extra-large size are 35.8 x 24.8 x 24.8 inches.
- The XL one can withstand weight up to 70 pounds.
The shape and design of the carrier can be a bit bulky. Otherwise, it is perfectly okay for carrying a Maine Coon.
What Size Carrier For A Maine Coon?
I can’t give an accurate answer to this question due to the fact that there can be many variations among Maine Coons. All I can give is an approximated answer. Mostly, a 16 x 24 x 24 inches carrier will work well for a large cat. Also, the carrier should be able to hold at least 45 pounds.
So, this is my take on the best cat carriers for Maine Coon. I hope it will come in handy to you.
Let me know which carrier you have chosen in the comment box below!