5 Best Cat Carrier Backpacks (Checked and Reviewed)
Who doesn’t like the idea of taking a walk or hiking in the mountains accompanied by their very own feline friend? Well, be it hiking or even a small journey with your pet cat, it can be very enjoyable.
But at the same time, it can be troublesome too especially if you don’t have the right cat carrier in your hands.
For travel-loving cat owners, there are now plenty of options for cat carriers available in the market. But among them, cat carrier backpacks are considered to be ideal for adventure lovers.
Why are Cat Carrier Backpacks so popular?
One of the main reasons why carrier backpacks are so much popular among cat owners is that these carrier backpacks can provide you and your cat with comfort, safety, and style at the same time.
Both your cat and you can enjoy your trip with it. If you carry your cat in a carrier backpack, you don’t have to keep your hands occupied.
Plus your cat will feel extra safe being so close to you.
How to choose good Cat carrier backpacks?
Now a day, there are too many carrier backpacks on the market.
They have different features, different styles. And sadly, there are some with fake promises and poor quality. So if you want to find the best one among this many options you have to look for a few things in it.
- Quality: Quality matters most when you are buying a carrier backpack. Because carrier backpacks aren’t very cheap and it is not something you buy very often. So before buying, learn about the material and do a little bit research about its lifetime and durability.
- Comfort: If the inside of the backpack isn’t comfortable enough your cat won’t even enjoy a minute in there.
- Ventilation: It is very important to buy a carrier backpack with proper ventilation so that your cat won’t feel suffocated.
- Safety options: Generally, cats are not very fond of being inside of a carrier. So it may feel scared and want to get out of it. And if it succeeds in doing so while you are on a trip, it will cause difficulties. So make sure the openings of the carrier is sturdy and there are additional straps.
So, now let’s take a look at the best 6 cat carrier backpacks.
KritterWorld Pet Carrier Backpack
KritterWorld has been a very popular choice in the recent years. They have now come up with a very good carrier backpack.
Their fashionable and vibrant-looking backpack offers style, comfort, security and saves your valuable time altogether.
It comes with adjustable straps and built-in extendable buckle collar belts for extra stability and safety.
Its ventilation system with a front and a top mesh, is just perfect.
With all these features along with its soft-sided structure with removable fleece bed and easy-to-access top zipper opening have gained this backpack huge popularity among cat owners this year.
- Nylon-based sturdy construction.
- Body resistant to scratch and bite.
- Wired mesh in front and top for proper ventilation and sightseeing.
- Zipper opening in the top for easy access.
- Easily removable fleece bed.
- Bottle holder on both sides.
- Additional straps for stability.
- Long buckle belts for extra safety of the cat.
- Bonus adjustable cat bowl with matching clips.
- Model: KWPETBAG07-BL
- Material: Nylon
- Color: Blue
- Dimension: 11.5” length x 9”width x 16” height
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- For pets: Up to 7 lbs.
- Washable: Yes
- Airline approved: Yes
- The best thing about this carrier backpack is that, though the body is very soft, it’s resistant to scratch and bite. So it has a longer durability than most other carrier backpacks on the market.
- Its ventilation is quite perfect. As most other backpacks have mesh on one side but it has mesh both on the front and top. So air flows inside even better.
- The fleece bed inside is removable so you can wash and dry it properly.
- It comes with a collar buckle, so you can tie it to your cat for extra safety.
- The backpack is airline approved so you can use it both in small trips and even in on-air trips.
- It comes with a bonus bowl with collapsible clips!
- The only bad thing about this backpack is that it comes in only one size. So if you have a light weighted large cat this backpack won’t do for you.
Well, overall the Kritterworld Pet Carrier Backpack look very promising. Though it comes in one size, the features are really good.
It has the best ventilation system, proper safety options and almost everything that a cat owner looks for. So it’s definitely one of the best carrier backpacks.
Click below to get this Kritterworld Pet Carrier Backpack on Amazon at the cheapest price.
ALSO CHECK: 5 BEST PORTABLE LITTER BOXES FOR CATS
Pawaboo Pet Carrier Backpack
Recently Pawaboo has come up with a carrier backpack with a vast range of colors and designs. Where most of the carrier backpacks keep the cat completely inside of the carrier, this Pawaboo backpack has a unique construction with head-out, legs-out, and tail-out design.
It also doesn’t compromise with cats’ safety as it has a zipper and elastic sturdy openings. With proper safety and comfort, it allows your cat to enjoy the trip fullest with you.
- Made from cat-friendly, breathable mesh.
- Head, legs, and tail–out design for the best comfort of the cat.
- Hook and loop opening for easily getting your cat in and out.
- Adjustable straps for extra stability and comfort.
- Durable construction.
- Wide range of designs and sizes.
- •Material: Polyester Fiber
- •Weight: 6.1 ounce
Size & Dimensions
|Size||Length||Chest Width||Left and right distance||Front and back distance|
|S||30 cm||38 cm||4.5 cm||10 cm|
|M||34 cm||46 cm||6 cm||13 cm|
|L||37 cm||49 cm||7 cm||15 cm|
|XL||42 cm||52 cm||7 cm||15.5 cm|
|Color||Black||Blue||Orange||Pink||Red||Multi-color||Olive and black||Multi-color|
|S||Up to 5.5lbs|
|M||5.5lbs – 8.8lbs|
|L||8.8lbs – 15.4lbs|
|XL||15.4lbs – 22lbs|
- Washable: Yes
- Airline Approved: No
- What I like most about the Pawaboo Pet Carrier backpack is its design. It allows the cat to keep its head, legs, and tail outside and feel comfortable. Plus it makes the cat feel extra safe being so close to you and free.
- The ventilation is really good as the whole body is made with mesh.
- Comes in 4 different sizes that most of the carrier backpacks don’t.
- Another good thing about this backpack is that it comes in various patterns and color so you have the advantage to choose one according to your choice.
- Very easy to use.
- The safety doesn’t look very good as you have to carry your cat with its head out. So if you have a wild-natured cat you may need to think twice before using it. But if your cat is calm and well natured than it will definitely love this carrier.
So, overall this Pawaboo Pet Carrier Backpack looks unique and good. Let me know your thoughts about it.
You can get this carrier in the link below.
Texsens Innovative Traveler Bubble Backpack Pet Carrier
As the name suggests, the Texsens Carrier backpack has a very innovative design with additional security for your cat.
It’s a bit different from the first two carriers, as the construction is very sturdy.
Plus, instead of any mesh front view, it comes with a sphere window in the front for your cat to look outside.
From its size to its safety measurements, this carrier meets almost all airline requirements.
So if you are someone who goes on on-air trips often, this carrier backpack can be the ideal one for you.
- Innovative design with a semi-sphere window in the front.
- Sturdy long-lasting body with a soft pad inside.
- Top and side zipper openings for easy access.
- Mesh panels with additional ventilation holes for good air flow.
- Built-in leash for extra safety.
- Airline approved.
- Material: PU leather
- Weight: 4lbs
- Dimension: 13 x 9 x 15.7 inches
- Bubble Diameter: 6.06 inches
|Blue||Coffee||Pink||Ash Black||Yellow||Dark Blue|
- Suitable for: Cats up to 12lbs
- Washable: Yes
- Airline approved: Yes on most airlines. You can check specifically check here on Pettravel.com to be sure.
- The best thing about the Texsens Innovative Traveler Bubble Backpack is that it meets almost all of the airline requirements when there’s hardly any backpack carrier that does the same.
- The body is really sturdy but there’s the inside is really soft. So it’s really comfortable for the cat.
- You can even use it as a car seat because of the sturdy construction.
- One of the backpacks with the best safety.
- Comes in one size only. So it can be a bit small for some cats.
Overall the backpack is really impressive because of its innovative design and additional security options.
If you want a backpack carrier, especially for airline travel it’s one of the best cat carrier backpacks you can find this year.
Check out this backpack on Amazon in the link below and let me know what you think about it.
ALSO CHECK: HOW TO TRAVEL WITH YOUR CAT GUIDE
AerWo Pet Carrier Backpack
Another good pet carrier backpack to look out for this year is AerWo Pet Carrier Backpack.
Its high-quality sandwich fabric and its contraction rope-based design have caught the attention of the cat owners in the market.
It comes with a hole in the front with an adjustable rope that lets your cat keep its head outside. Be it a small cat or a large one, any size can fit inside this carrier backpack and stay secure.
- Top quality cat-friendly sandwich cloth.
- Rope based design that can be adjusted according to the size of cat’s head.
- Additional buckle belt inside to keep the cat extra safe.
- Adjustable strap to lighten the weight.
- Soft body with mesh all over it for cat’s comfort and proper ventilation.
- Material: Sandwich mesh fabric & pearl wool
- Weight: 13.6 ounce
|S||35cm x 30cm x 14cm|
|M||40cm x 30cm x 17cm|
|Size||For pets up to|
- Washable: Yes
- Airline approved: No
- First of all what I really like about this backpack is that it lets the cat keep its head out but having any risk at all. The contraction rope around the hole can keep your cat secured and let it enjoy at the same time.
- The whole body is made of sandwich mesh so the air flow is really good.
- You can carry it in your front also so you can keep a look at your cat.
- Comes in different colors which are really vibrant.
- It’s not airline approved so you can’t use it for air travel.
Well, the Aerwo Backpack Carrier is really simple but very eye-catching. If you are someone who loves to go on a hike with your furry fellow you can take a look at this one.
Pet Gear I- GO2 Backpack
When it comes to cat carrier backpacks, Pet Gear always has a vast range of products.
Now they have come up with an outstanding cat carrier that doesn’t only work as a backpack but also a normal carrier, car seat, roller bag or even a tote.
This 5 in 1 carrier backpack is very easy to use. Plus, it has a very satisfying security option.
So if you have a small cat you can definitely go with this carrier.
- 5 in 1 mechanism that can work as – Backpack, Carrier, Car seat, Roller bag, Tote.
- Can be pulled along as a rolling case.
- Can be worn as a backpack and walk comfortably.
- You can bring it along as a car seat.
- Can be carried fashionably as a tote.
- You can also use it as a carrier.
- Airline Approved.
- Weight: 6.6lbs
- Interior- 14 x 8 x 15 inches
- Exterior- 14 x 9 x 19 inches
|Black||Lavender Blue||Sage||Copper||Ocean Blue||Pink|
- Suitable for: Cats up to 25lbs
- Washable: Yes
- Airline approved: Yes
- The best thing about this backpack carrier is its mechanism. It can be used in 5 different ways, for 5 purposes. So you don’t need to buy several ones. One will do for you.
- The ventilation is perfect as it’s made of mesh and it is wired.
- Has several pouches so you don’t need a separate bag to carry your cat’s necessities.
- The quality is really good so one goes a long way.
- It meets almost all airline requirements.
- Comes in only one size which is suitable for small cats. So if you have a large one, it won’t fit.
If you want to know more about this carrier backpack you can read here.
Petsfit Comfort Carrier Backpack
Well, I saved the best for the last. Petsfit backpack carrier is one of the best cat carrier backpacks on the market.
It offers style, comfort, safety and all other things any cat owner wants for their loving pet.
The backpack has a very sturdy body made of oxford cloth with a soft pad inside for cats’ comfort. It has the perfect ventilation system with mesh windows on all three side and also on the top.
Plus, best safety options with zipper openings and additional straps. It is one of the favorite choices this year.
- Top quality Oxford fabric.
- Thick padded body for cats’ comfort.
- Mesh windows on three sides and on top for proper oxygen flow and visibility.
- Front and top easy openings with top quality zippers.
- Adjustable shoulder straps and grips with additional chest and waist straps.
- Can be packed flat and occupies small storage.
- Machine washable pads.
- 30 days warranty.
- Material: 600D x 6000D Oxford Cloth
- Lining: 230D polyester
- Mesh: hexagonal
- Zipper: metal slider and nylon teeth with 10000 times durability
- Dimension: 13 x11 x17 inches
- Suitable for: Cats up to 15lbs
- Washable: Yes, both hands and machine washable.
- Airline approved: Yes, in most airlines.
- Warranty: Yes, 30 days warranty.
- The petsfit carrier has almost all the features of a good carrier backpack.
- The material is top quality so it lasts for a long time.
- Perfect ventilation system with four meshes overall.
- The inside of this backpack is made of fleece which is very soft.
- It has a very good space inside for cats to move around freely.
- The straps are adjustable for carrying easily. Plus it comes with waist and chest straps for proper stability.
- The pads can be removed and washed in a machine.
- Can be used as a car seat.
- It comes with a 30days warranty which is rare in backpack carriers.
- It comes in one size, but it kind of fits most of the cats unless your cat is really very large. So I am not sure if it’s counted as a con.
Overall, the Petsfit Comfort Pet carrier looks great. You can check it out on Amazon in the link below.
So here’s my take on the best cat carrier backpacks. Let me know which one is your favorite in the comment section below!