Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier Bag Review
Getting a pet cat can be a huge step in anyone’s life. In the flow of life, they become our inseparable partners. But the idea of traveling with your very own feline friend may sound scary to many cat owners as cats are not considered to be very happy travelers.
It’s thought that they like to stay confined in their own territory which isn’t true in all cases. In fact, traveling with your cat can be a pretty fun experience if you have just the right traveling equipment in your hand! So, today I introduce you to a product from Sherpa that might be the gold one for you; Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier.
About Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier:
The Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier is very light weighted, stylish and meets all airline requirements. It has a perfect durable quilted nylon construction, a proper ventilation system with mesh panels on all sides and top and side entry options for the comfort of both cats and cats’ owners.
In addition, It has a perfect security system with locking zippers and luggage strap or patented seat belt to prevent any surprise escape while carrying. The bottom surface of the carrier has a wooden stability board which is covered with a waterproof lining.
It supports flexibility and keeps the carrier dry and comfortable for the traveler cat. It comes with hand carry straps which are padded with additional adjustable shoulder straps so it’s very comfortable for the carriers. The liner made from faux lambskin is washable and can be cleaned at home without further investing.
- Original Deluxe Pet Carrier.
- Perfect durable quilted nylon construction.
- Two entry options; Top and side entries.
- Proper ventilation system with mesh panels.
- Additional security system with locking zippers and extra patented seat belt and luggage strap.
- Patented design with soft frame and rods supported by fiberglass for flexibility and maintaining the structure.
- Wooden board in the bottom wrapped in a waterproof liner.
- Faux lambskin liner based body which is also washable.
- Soft and heavy padded double hand carry strap with an option to keep them together.
- Additional adjustable shoulder straps to carry it over the shoulder for extra comfort.
- Three different sizes from small carriers that fit pets up to 13″ in length x 7.5″ in height and up to 8 pounds to large carriers that fit pets up to 18″ in length x 11″ in height and up to 22 pounds.
- Luggage looking outlook and light weight.
- Five different colors.
- A one-year limited warranty against manufacturer defects.
The beauty about the Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier is that they offer you a great variety of colors that you can choose from. It can hardly be found in other cat carriers.
- Deep Black
- Original Brown
- Pure Gray
- Original Plum
- Delta Black
The Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier come in three different sizes that you can choose from. Such as:
- Small Carrier: Appropriate for pets up to 13″ in length x 7.5″ in height. Considered weight is up to 8 pounds.
- Medium Carrier: Appropriate for pets up to 16″ in length x 10″ in height. Considered weight is up to 16 pounds.
- Large Carrier: Appropriate for pets up to 18″ in length x 11″ in height.Considered weight is up to 22 pounds.
How to choose the right size for your cat:
The thing about the Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier is that they are designed for cats lying down. Your cat is not meant to stay on a stand inside the carrier. So you have to measure your cat while it is lying down.
First, measure your cat from the tip of the nose or the front of the chest on the way to the end of the cat’s rear. Then measure its height while laying down from the bottom to the top of its back or ears. Finally, choose the right size for your cat from the list of the three sizes and keep its weight into consideration.
The size of the carrier can be bigger than the size of your cat, but be sure to not exceed the maximum limit of the weight as it may cause tearing and accidents while traveling and may allow your cat to escape.
Here are all the parts of a Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier:
Pros of Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier
- The best part about the Sherpa Deluxe carriers is that the small and medium size of them fulfill all kinds of airline requirements. The larger one may not be allowed on some flights,
- Most airlines such as the Alaska Airline, the AirTran, the Southwest Airlines and so on approve them.
- They have soft fleecy fake sheepskin floor mounted on a 1/8″ or 3/16″ rigid board so your cat will get a solid base to keep its balance. In addition, the liner that the wooden board is covered with is waterproof. So if your cat spills water or anything, you can get the water out and dry it off.
- The lambskin liner is washable so it has a long durability.
- Come with very sturdy padded handles and additional shoulder straps that allow you to carry it on the shoulder while walking.
- As they have a liner-based construction instead of metal or plastic ones, they are very light weighted and easy to carry.
- They come with small side pockets for treats and poop bags.
- Fits under most airline seats.
- They offer a great variety of colors and sizes.
- Good value for money as they are quite reasonable.
- They give you a one year warranty for manufacturer defects.
Cons of Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier
- As the Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier meet almost all of the flight requirements, there aren’t many cons of this product. The only con about it is regarding its size. They come in three diffent sizes. But they are designed for small cats. If you have a large breed of cat, your cats might not fit in.
Overall thought about the Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier:
I think, the stylishly designed, lightweight Sherpa carriers with a great variety of sizes and colors blends in perfectly in the air travel and fulfill all flight regulations. As the carriers have a soft liner construction, your cat will travel in style and comfort. So do give them a try if you are one of those happy kitty travelers.
You can check out the product on Amazon. Click on the link below to check out the best price on Amazon. If you have any questions, comment below!